Monday, February 18, 2013

Job Hunt


Although I stated previously that I probably would not change the title of the blog, well, I added two words to make the title clearer.

My continuing quest to find employment is a real education, especially since the recurring issue I encountered has not been mentioned in newspapers writing about how to get a job. To begin with, I am not faulting the various companies nor is it sour grapes on my part, just trying to understand the whole concept.

My background, I am a college educated woman who is reasonable literate, have great computer skills, familiar with Management and the supervision of employees, stringent work ethics, arriving late maybe twice a year and lastly, do not take what is not mine including the pilfering of office supplies.

As I mentioned before I needed a small part-time job. So this January I earnestly started to look for work. Thinking my wanting to work weekends and evenings would make it simple for me to find part-time work. Not so!

As of now, I have applied to the following companies: Office Depot, Target, Kohls, Sears, Walmart and lastly, JC Penny. All of these companies were looking for employees.

Remember, I do not want a career, nor do I want to be in charge all I want is a part-time job I can earn some money and I exchange I will be a dutiful employee, be punctual, courteous listen to my supervisor and in general earn my keep.

Again, I do not fault the companies, however I cannot deny the knowledge I gained working for many, many years and discovered a major flaw in their hiring attitude.

Tomorrow, I will address what I discovered.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment