Monday, February 25, 2013

The Assessment Test!

What a misnomer.  

The professionals who designed these tests, structured the personality questions to eliminate people not matching or fitting the company profile which does bring up a question, what exactly is the profile with respect to an employee.  I then wonder what is the turnover rate and when you combine this with the cost of training and drug testing low competition employees, what is the actual retention cost? 
I feel comfortable in saying that the majority of shoppers have been to the different stores I applied to (Office Depot, Target, Kohl's, Sears, Walmart and Michaels').  Remember, the employees encountered are supposed to be the cream of the crop because they passed the company’s assessment test, making them the most qualified personnel the company hired.
Think about your last employee interaction in the stores!
Please understand, I am not upset at not being hired, just puzzled because their assessment test eliminates employees like me.  I am retired and have not worked for about two years.  My answers based on my past work experiences will be problematic because the answers will not fit the expected parameters.
 
And therein lays the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment