Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Senior Gene I-A, time

In the Pina Colada song, the lyrics state, ". . . me and my old lady have fallen into the same old dull routine."   Complacency and routine, so perfectly expressed. 
So let's do something about it.  How?  Simple. 
On a perfect weather day, whether you live, in the coldest or warmest part of the country, snow covered or desert region there will be a day that will make you feel happy that you are alive.  Sit outside, either bundled up or in a bathing suit, close your eyes and drink in the day.  Don't move, enjoy the sweetness of being alive and give thanks.   See if you can do this more than once a week.  Time was used greatly and just think, when your children asked, "what did you do today,"  and you respond, "I enjoyed the sweetness of life,"  what their reaction will be.
Again, no matter where you live, there are things you have not seen, explored or visited.  Pack a lunch and go forth to the unknown.  Use your GPS or map and become a tourist for a day in your city or county.  What did you do to day?  Oh, I found old headstones in the cemetery, I searched for clover leaves in the county park, I walked in the city center and remembered when the various buildings were erected.   The reaction from the questioner, I leave that up to you.
Spend your time wildly, adventurous and with passion.  Complacency and routine belong to youth and the people in between and not seniors, blessed with the time. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment