Monday, April 16, 2012

The Time of your Life

"The Time of your Life," what an appropriate song and title.

My neighbor and occasional swimming partner invited me for dinner.  During dinner we discussed various topics, one of them, his inability to accept growing old.  I guessed his age to be in the late seventies.  I asked him what he found so difficult about growing old, and his answer surprised me a great deal.   "When he was younger, he go out every night, meet women and after dinner they end up in bed.  Now he can't do this anymore because young women won't look at him anymore.  The ones that do go out with him, always end up asking him for money."

Being of certain age and relatively well-bred, I just smiled, "Maybe you just need to adjust your point of view with women."  He agreed, but could not accept the premise.  I did find out he has no family or children and is very bitter about his long ago divorce.  I will leave the analyze of his problem to professional, my issue is broader and simpler.

The time of your life is now, not yesterday not tomorrow nor a year from now.   



No comments:

Post a Comment